Special programs are events hosted at HIA primarily by the HIA Elective Team to address a particular problem in the agency, as opposed to recreational events hosted by the HIA Events Team. Typical causes for hosting an op would be to gather feedback on a particular issue, a fundraiser, and especially to promote divisional activity, among other causes.
These special programs must not overstep into the jurisdiction of other special units cleared for the same. These events must not be similar to HET or Awarding Committee operations, such as being similar to HET events, celebratory events, morale boosts, etc. For example:
Acceptable Special Programs:
- BOE Carnival
Invalid Special Programs:
- Halloween Maze or Christmas Party with allies
Rules & Regulations:
- Only a maximum of ONE special operation may be conducted per division/department per audit cycle.
- Only a maximum of 5 special operations may be conducted in total in per week.
- Timing of operation MUST start/end well before/after a HET event and at least 65 minutes before/after pay.
- The Junior Chief of Staff or Director of HET reserves the right to change event outline, venue, timing, theme etc. as seen fit to accommodate it falling under optimal guidelines.
Planning & Hosting Procedure
Electives Wishing to host a special event must seek the approval of the Junior Chief of Staff via Audits in the field labelled “Event Summary” and provide proper documentation including but not limited to:
- Purpose of event;
- Goals to be attained;
- Outline of event (attach scripts if any);
- Other details (Time & Venue, Funding, etc)
Venue & Funding for special events are usually self funded and hosted with rare events receiving funding from the CoS or HET. This will be judged upon importance and on a case by case basis. All finance and funding for special programs will directly be managed by the Deputy Chief of Staff.
As soon as the event is approved by CoS and the funding, time and venue, etc. is finalized after discussion with the Secretary of Ceremony or HET Director, the event is free to be hosted (under the supervision of a HET member if unsure of procedure of in case of lack of experience). Event date, time and venue is added to the Events Calendar held by Planning Director for reference.
Last updated January 23 by CoS HumanRevolution. Contact the Chief of Staff Team for queries.